Thursday, March 6, 2008

deadlines deadlines deadlines!

I have a lot to do in a little time. Project A from work is eating a ton of time at this point. Way more hours that I was hoping to work. I have a WSTC Lab 1st draft due by the 21st, my Firefox plugin has to be updated by the 18th, and I have a WSTC presentation due in early April.

Of course it doesn't help that my lack of time is making me look at other projects as well. I want to try and build that market driven development engine using Project Zero. I also want to wrangle a bit with Google Gears. After hearing about the App Server that runs javascript on the server and client, I wonder if that's a better solution for Gears like functionality. Of course gears has the requirement to work on all browsers. For my curiosity I could build a Firefox plugin only version to run my own apps both from a server or in a connected -less mode. Perhaps Python might be an other accessible choice... there was code samples available for compling python into a plugin. ..or perhaps not, this note from Brandon Eich suggests this might not be a great idea.

No comments: