Saturday, January 10, 2009

Success!

Got my first app working and deployed on my iPod. Still lots of polish I'd like to do with it and then I need to decide if I want to try and publish to the AppStore, but overall really happy to just get something started. It has inspired me for a few other projects, but I am enjoying developing for this platform! Very easy compared to the day-to-day, but still interesting and fun.

Committed to the Pittsburgh Half Marathon today. I did my registration and now on to training! I started with some work on the exercise bike. Just an easy pace with a little bit of tension to get a feel for my condition. Didn't do too bad. I hit it up for 30 minutes and I'm feeling ok, broke a sweat but didn't push too hard. Will try and hit the bike for longer and with more tension. I need to see if I can do this for an hour and then for two hours. It's not the same as running, but it should help a little bit towards my cardio conditioning on days when I can't get out.

No comments: